Saturday, October 20, 2012

Have a Cool Yule!


I love that Emperor penguins huddle together to keep each other warm. I love that they constantly shuffle around so the penguins on the outside of the huddle get to move inward. I love that it is a collective shuffle. Every 30-60 seconds every penguin in the group takes small steps. It's the penguin equivalent to a football stadium 'wave.' It's instinctive, I know but I choose to believe that each one of them is sensitive to all the others needs. Silly, huh? OK, I'll leave it at, I love penguins.

And so does my son so I try to make penguin cards every Christmas for him to send to friends and family. Today's card is a remake from a card I posted last year. I can't help it. These penguins from Stampendous are so cute. They are from the Yule Penguins set. I used the Stampendous Snow Swirl to create the background, stamping it in Memento Summer Sky ink. I then stamped the three cuties on a scrap of Copic X-Press It, colored them and then trimmed them out. Before adhering them to the panel, I added Stampendous Cotton Ball White Fun Flock to the trim of their clothes. It's really easy to use Fun Flock. Just apply liquid adhesive to where you want the flock, sprinkle it on top and rub it in with your finger. After huddling my penguins on the card, I added some Stampendous Shaved Ice for a little extra sparkly, icy goodness.

Thanks for visiting today!

Noteworthy Supplies:


1 comment:

  1. Brrr!!!! Its so cold but its so warm when you can snuggle up with friends...what a great impression...Superb colouring and I am certain that the recipients of the cards will be extremely pleased with the effort and time taken to make these special cards just for them.

    Usha

    ReplyDelete