Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another Great Collaboration


Stampendous has teamed up with another incredible company. All this week, we are playing along with Core'dinations. It's been great fun so far. Please remember to stop back on Saturday for a show-stopping, grand finale blog hop.

I created a card using the Stampendous Cling Jumbo Dahlia stamp and Core'dinations Black Magic ColorCore cardstock. I started by stamping the flourish from the Cling Jumbo Dahlia on the purple back side of a piece of Black Magic cardstock. I then 'embossed' this flourish by once again placing the stamped image side up, black side down on a foam mat and then tracing the flourish with a stylus. I turned the cardstock over so the black side was up and sanded over the raised areas. Here's the magic, the purple color shows through where sanded.

The glorious dahlia image was stamped onto Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored with Copic markers. I cut out the image and then adhered it to the card. Simple, easy and fun.

And now for more inspiration.

Stampendous Blog

Core'dinations Blog

April Derrick

Kristine Reynolds

Lea Kimmel

Tenia Nelson

Debbie Standard

Melinda Gleissner

(That's me)

Thanks for visiting today. Have a magical day!

Noteworthy Supplies:




Copic Colors: V000/V01/V04/C1




22 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! As you probably know, this is one of my favorite jumbo stamps! Love the color, too! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dahlia image, love the card design!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are beautiful and the background makes it stand out just great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I'm so sorry that it didn't get near the attention that it deserved but trust me it is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, What a stunning card!!! I don't recall seeing the dahlia in purple it is breathe taking! I love techniques and really appreciated hearing about your black magic technique on the Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock! It takes me back to pre-embossing machine days! I need to buy some black CCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty --I like how you embossed the flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy dahlia! The coloring is fabulous and really shines with the black magic background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Great color, and that Black magic is amazing! Beautiful flower image!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL card - love your dahlia, flourish and gorgeous colour combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that black magic background paper and your dahlia is colored so perfectly to match. An amazing card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card and the use of the black magic paper.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really cool tip you shared about the flourish. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous card! love that technique..gotta get me some black magic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this stamp!! The card is SO BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I never think to stamp my images on colored cardstock, this shows me how gorgeous it can look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular card!! You make me want that Dahlia stamp so bad!!! And love the Black Magic paper by Coredinations, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool is that. I had to read it twice to get it. LOL What a neat embossing trick! So vintage and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, that big purple dahlia is just fabulous! Love the way it stands out against the black core paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning! The contrast between the black & lavender is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great tip, and no need for an expensive die cutting machine or templates! You're a genius, Melinda, but then we already knew that! Love this card TO PIECES!! Thanks for always showing us such consistently fabulous work! Thanks for being part of our team and this Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete