Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quoth the Wobbling Raven, "Nevermore."


All this week Stampendous is playing along with the Action Wobbles design team. Action Wobbles are self-adhesive, plastic springs that add a fun, wobbling motion to any project.

In case this is the first you are hearing of this cool collaboration, you can check out what you missed here: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Please keep checking back. We will be wobbling all week, ending with a huge Blog Hop on Saturday. Yes, there will be prizes.

Since I had recently 'wobbled' a cute Stampendous kiddos image, I decided I wanted to go in a completely different direction. So I 'wobbled' this incredible Halloween image called "Nevermore."


I started by stamping this fabulous image onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and spritzing it with Goosebumps Texture Spray. After it dried, I inked the stamped panel with Ranger Rusty Hinge and Antique Linen Distress Ink. I distressed and inked the edges with Memento Grape Jelly ink.

I stamped and spritzed the image a second time, cut out the raven and inked him with Ranger Pumice Stone Distress ink and Memento Grape Jelly ink. To adhere my 'wobbling' raven to the panel I trimmed down the Action Wobble so it fit behind the image, peeled off the adhesive from both ends and pressed. Simple.

Now for the background. On a panel of kraft cardstock, I inked and distressed the edges; spritzed with water and then sprinkled it with Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and Purple Jewel Glitter. I heated the enamel and glitter from the underside...love this technique!

Before adhering it all to the card base, I created one more layer by misting and distressing a piece of cheesecloth.

Here's a little video demo of my raven wobbling:



Please visit the following blogs, making sure to leave a comment on each one. One lucky commenter (picked randomly) will win 6 Action Wobbles and this wonderful "Nevermore" stamp.

Action Wobbles Blog

Stampendous Impressions Blog

Kristine Reynolds

Janis

Tricia

Lea Kimmel

Melinda Gleissner

Taylor Usry


Thanks for visiting. Happy Wobbling!

Noteworthy Supplies:


55 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween this card definitely is scary you sure got it right!! Your idea is very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome. Love the misting and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am loving all the misting and distressing of this card! I've never used Goosebump Texture spray but it sure looks awesome. Love the bird wobbling, makes the card seem even more mysterious. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wobbling Raven...how cute...love the saying as much as the raven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Jenn. The goosebumps is amazing and love this image. Great title to your post too, pulled me right is as I love me some Edgar Allan Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your raven is beautiful, and your fussy cutting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melinda...amazing! You've inspired me to pull out that Goosebumps spray again and play! LOVE the effect on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is stunning!! wasn't too sure about that stamp but seeing it stamped up on a card, I love it!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, all the great details and texture. I have some of that Goosebumps spray, I will have to get it out. Nice touch with the cheesecloth. This is my fave card so far on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive card! All of the spritzing and distressing adds to the mood of the image. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my girl that is soooo cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this is sooooo cute!!! Love that gausy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thud! I love, love, love this! What a cool way to use cheesecloth! I may just have to steal the idea down the road, hope you don't mind! This is just way cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love this stamp and your card is just stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card and just love that RAVEN so scary LOL
    Thanks for wobbling with us
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the texture. I love the bird. I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! This is fabulous!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so awesome! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely Stunning card. Love the embellishments and dimensions. So Glad to be Co-wobbling with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooooh, love this! That added sprinkling of purple glitter is so perfect. Love the texture from the Goosebumps and the spattering of EP. That gauze just takes it to another creepy level...in a good way. I'm so glad that your are on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow awesome ideal to put your wobble on your bird. So cute. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just spectacular! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Melinda, I love your raven card! Your vintage feel and added wobble just are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing! I love the material added to it. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hes cute! Love all the netting and the spraying.. Really looks Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card. Love your colors and texture. TFS.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this stamp and your card is just fantastic.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, love this. Way to go cutting out the raven. I don't think I would have that much patience! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. For someone who says they don't do vintage... You certainly rock it! This is fabulous and I wished I had created it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card; love the details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, this card is so cool. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is all types of gorgeousness dearie!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this card. I like how you added purple in your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was not wild abut that stamp until you used it with the wobbles. Now I like it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is my favorite so far! The textures and added details contribute so much to the feel of this card. The wobbling raven is eerie. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just ordered my first 4 dozen pack... can't wait to use them... my nieces and nephews are going to love their cards...

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a spooky cute card. Love the shadow print behind the wobble bird. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice job making Nevermore with a hat wobble! Thank u for sharing on blog hop day 4! jellybeankahler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the vintage look of this card! I just love the whole style.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super Cool raven card!
    Migdalia
    Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. This card is just soooo cool! I LOVE everything about this card! With the shinny parts on this bird and that hat, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  44. ACK!!! Melinda, I LOVE your raven card! Combining the wobble with the raven was pure genius. I have a few of those wobbles sitting on my desk right now and they are seriously needing to be put to use. Thanks for the inspiration :D Also, I am loving that you shared your techniques on the backgrounds. Can't wait to pick up some of the stuff you mentioned and give them a go!

    BTW, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete