Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thanks So Much / Better than Sliced Bread

I just discovered the best thing since sliced bread...X-Press It Blending Paper. When I saw they had it at Simon Says Stamp, I knew I had to get some. I'll admit I've read numerous bloggers' rave reviews but I never imagined being so happy with something as simple as paper. It's fabulous! Forget about feathering issues, the ink will stay where you intended it. I even tried to oversoak the paper. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it. You won't be sorry.

The image is actually from 3 different stamps: C.C. Designs Spring Trevor, C.C. Designs Bench and My Favorite Things In My Garden Jolinne. I stamped Trevor and then masked him so that I could stamp the bench over the image. The flower pot was stamped separately and fussy cut after I colored it. As for the coloring I used Copic Markers in these colors: BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, YG21, YG23, YG25, E00, E01, E02, E31, E33, E35, E50, E53, E55, E57, E59. The little pearl flower centers are from Kaiser Craft. Can you guess where I got them? And the patterned paper is Bo Bunny's Block Party.

I need to give credit to Cyndi Bundy a.k.a. The Scrappy Chick. She recently posted a card where she doodled a vine so I thought I'd try it. Thanks for the inspiration Cyndi and thanks everyone for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Your coloring is perfect! I go for my Copic certification this weekend. Hoping they can teach how to keep things in the lines. I was a much better colorer when I was 4! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete