Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrate the 4th


I just wanted to stop by and wish all of you a safe and happy 4th of July. May it be a day of celebrations.

I also wanted to show you a few cards I created for this great holiday. They are both pretty basic CAS cards but if you need a card quickly I have an unexpected stamp that can be used. Check out the Stampendous Cling Jumbo Sparkle Joy Set:


Yes, it's a Christmas stamp set but it is so versatile. I was using it the other day on my Stampendous/Clear Scraps collaboration (you can still go and check out all of the incredible inspiration). While playing around, it dawned on me that the 'sparkle' works as a fun background for a boy's page. So the other day, when I came across the set and realized the 'sparkle' could be sparklers and fireworks, I was overjoyed. Another 'outside the box' use for a Christmas set. Don't you love it when you can get more for your money.

For my card, I simply stamped the 'sparkle' in VersaMark and sprinkled it with red, white and blue Stampendous Embossing Powder. Fran Seiford, the founder and genius behind Stampendous came up with a great technique called Painting with Powder (I've linked to a wonderful tutorial with video). I used this fun and easy technique here. The sentiment is from a...get this, a Stampendous Father's Day set called For Him that I altered by trimming off part of the sentiment. Don't worry, if you use a good pair of detail scissors you can always put your sentiments back together on an acrylic block. No one will ever know.


My second card is a variation of the first. The sentiment is the same and if you look closely you will see faint stripes. They were stamped using VersaMark and a line stamp from the same Father's Day set. Man, I'm feeling frugal! The stars were die-cut using the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stars Dies and Redline tape. After running the tape through my Cuttlebug, I used red and blue Stampendous glitter to cover the stars. I simply peeled the back off my glittered stars to adhere them to my page. Easy.

Thanks for visiting today. Happy 4th Everyone!


Noteworthy Supplies:





2 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth, Melinda!! What a great idea for using non-holiday specific products to make a super greeting for a special day! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you to use a Christmas stamp for Fourth of July! This really is like Christmas in July, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete