Saturday, May 19, 2012

Stampendous Saturday Challenge: A Gift for a Friend


Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today, I'm playing along with the Saturday Stampendous Challenge. This month's theme is gifts. It's simple. Create a gift. It can be a card set, a gift card holder or some really special project.

I created a canvas for my best friend. I'm so very blessed to have the best friend in the world. Ilene is the kind of person that would literally do anything for anyone. She's always the first to step up and volunteer at school and church. As a friend, she always calls and checks in when she knows things aren't going well and she's the first to call and cheer you on when something good happens. She takes friends to the airport at ungodly hours and sits with them when they have medical procedures. She does all of this without ever having to be asked. She's just there, like a good friend should. Did I mention she also makes the best brisket in all the land and loves to share it with her friends.

I'm not as good a friend to her. It seems life always gets in the way and I feel badly about that. So when I saw this amazing picture of her and her dear husband (yes, he is just as cool as she is), I knew I had to make something to let her know I appreciate her.

Jo-Ann Fabrics has a great selection of canvases is all sizes and shapes. So I picked up a 10" x 10" and started by wrapping the edges with a satin ribbon which was also a great find at Jo-Ann's. I then stamped the flourish from the Cling Jumbo Dahlia set several times around the edge of a piece of My Mind's Eye paper. I used Memento Expresso Truffle Dye Ink. I stamped the Cling Calligraphy Sampler on a separate piece of paper and inked around the edges. The Cling Jumbo Dogwood was stamped on X-Press It Blending Card, colored with Copics and fussy-cut. Before adhering everything to the page, I die-cut the photo and edged the papers using VersaMark Watermark Ink and Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel (love that stuff). I used matte gel medium as a glue to attach everything to the canvas.

Thanks for visiting today.

Be sure to check out what my teammates have created for the challenge. You will be amazed by their talent.




And we want YOU to play along with us!  Simply make a gift, gift set (could be cards, could be an altered item), or a gift card holder of some sort and add the direct link for your project to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than Thursday, May 31 at 11:59 PM EST .  You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do!  As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous new Cling Jumbo Tropical Garden stamp set:





Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.  We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you an enter as many times as you'd like!) this month



Pin It



4 comments:

  1. your canvas is gorgeous! love that pretty flower! i am sure your bff is going to love it! thanks for sharing! :) have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift, Melinda. Your friend is almost one of a kind. I'm positive it's going to brighten up her day (and wall.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, love the coloring on the flowers, and the design-work on the canvas.

    ReplyDelete