Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day at Stampendous


Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

I have two posts today so if you are looking for the Jillian and Friends Blog Bash post, please feel free to scroll down or click here.

There are so many things going on over at Stampendous today. There's a Layout Blog Hop to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day and another hop to kick off this month's Stampendous Challenge. I would like to invite you to visit both. You will be in awe when you see the fabulous creations. A day doesn't go by that I am not completely amazed by the incredible talent of the Stampendous Design Team. And you know what? They are not only talented but incredibly kind and caring. I'm blessed to be a part of this group of women who would drop what they were doing to help you out, answer a question or just give a cyber-hug when things aren't going your way. So please 'hop' along and give them some love today. Thanks.

This month's challenge is all about gift giving. If you'd like to play along, the rules are simple: create a gift. It can be anything you like - a scrapbook, a giftcard holder, a card set...After you have completed your project, upload it to the Stampendous blog by using their linky tool. You have until Thursday, May 31 at 11:59 PM EST to play along. As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous new Cling Jumbo Tropical Garden stamp set.


Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.

For my gift, I created a little journal for my son. Ian loves to draw and sketch ideas for new games. He is also, always asking for paper. This 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" journal is the perfect size for him to carry around and use to record his thoughts and ideas.


The new Stampendous Gears Kiddo set is perfect. I think it is my new, all-time favorite set. Isn't the kiddo the cutest!?! The set also comes with the big gear image as well as a bunch of cool sentiments. LOVE IT! After creating the journal, I stamped and colored the cover. "Dreams by Ian" was stamped using the Stampendous Small Typwriter Alphabet.


Remember how I said the Gears Kiddo set includes cool sentiments? I used those sentiments along with ones from another new set called Guys and Gears and stamped a little something at the bottom of each page.

Sorry my pictures aren't the best. I'm writing this at 4:30 in the morning after spending the night in the ER. Here's a friendly warning: take cover when cutting the shank off the back of a button. But that's a story for another day.

Want to see some more gift giving inspiration? Check out the following blogs and please remember the layout hop as well.

Janelle Stollfus
Melinda Gleissner (that's me)
Stephanie Lee
Susie Moore
Taylor Usry
Tenia Nelson
Wendy Price

Thanks again for visiting. Have a crafty day!










7 comments:

  1. How cute!!! Great job, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. this is so sweet Melinda! I'm sure Ian will love it and I love that it's got little sentiments on the insides too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That set is such a great fit for a journal! I'm sold! Hope your doing okay after your shank incident. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this. So adorable, and the coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is phenomenal! I love your coloring (obviously, since you're my Copic teacher, he he). Seriously, the pale blue that you used to outline the gears is genious!

    ReplyDelete