Stampendous Blog. This month’s challenge is a color challenge and the colors Stampendous has chosen are fabulous!
Here are the details:
Make a card or project with pink, cream, gold, and brown. Please use at least three of the four colors. The challenge will run through Thursday, January 5 @ 11:59 PM EST.
This month’s prize (US winners only) is the beautiful Stampendous Amore Frame Perfectly Clear set.
So please grab your Stampendous supplies and start creating. You can enter as many times as you like before January 5, 2012 and the complete list of rules for this challenge is on the Stampendous Blog.
The following links will take you to Stampendous Design Team member blogs for some absolutely amazing inspiration. Enjoy!
I was listening to the TV while trying to come up with an idea for this challenge and as I was pulling out all of my supplies, I heard… “23 days ‘til Christmas.” REALLY? Only 23 days? I have made only a handful of Christmas cards so this news was a little unsettling. That’s when I decided to turn this Stampendous Challenge into an opportunity to do some serious mass producing.
The stamp I selected, the Stampendous Cling Wisemen is so ornate, so beautiful in itself, that it was the perfect choice for a CAS, easy to mass produce card. So I pulled out my Stampendous Chocolate Brown embossing powder and voila, Christmas card #1. Don’t ask me how many more I really should make. Seriously, this is a stunning image and the superb quality of the Stampendous cling stamps gives a great impression of the intricate detail in the wisemen’s robes. With a little more time, those robes would be beautiful paper pieced.
Here are the details for my card:
Stamps: Cling Wisemen CRR095; Cling Christ of Christmas CRF129
Embossing Powder: Chocolate Brown EP117 (included in the Coastal Express Embossing Kit)
Paper: Bazzill Suede Brown Dark; Echo Park Season’s Greeting Red/Cream; cream cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Ink; pink color wash
• Create an A2 card base from the cream cardstock
• Cut a 5 ¼” x 4” brown mat and adhere to the card base
• Cut a 5 1/8” x 3 7/8” mat from the Echo Park Red/Cream paper (cream side)
• Paint a pink color wash over the cream panel; Be sure to leave areas of cream showing through; Set aside to dry completely
• Stamp the image using VersaMark ink on the cream/pink panel; Cover with embossing powder and heat set with heat tool
• Adhere the completed panel to the card base
• Stamp sentiment on the inside of card with VersaMark Ink; Emboss, using the embossing powder and heat tool
Thanks for visiting! Hope to see your creations over on the Stampendous blog.