Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Superhero

It's Father's Day so I've been doing a lot of thinking about my wonderful husband. Hank is truly the greatest human being I have ever met. He's taught me so much about so many things. He's kind & funny & so very smart. He's generous & patient & extremely musical. I could go on forever but what I love the most about Hank is his innate ability to be the best father I could ever have dreamed of for our son. He amazes me everyday with how he nurtures and loves Ian. I love listening to their interactions whether they are working on some new math problem or playing the blues. I feel so very blessed to have Hank in Ian's & my life. Hank, you are my superhero!

Here is the card we gave to Hank today. Ian wrote the inscription on the inside of the card. It reads: A superhero is kind, caring, smart, funny, truthful, musical & playful. A superhero is you! Happy Father's Day Dad!

To make the card I used three different stamp sets from three different manufacturers. The cute superhero is from My Favorite Things Ben Paper Dolls set. There is an image of a boy in a t-shirt & shorts & then there are 3 different costumes: a pirate, a superhero & an astronaut. I stamped the superhero costume on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink & masked it. I then stamped "Ben" on top of the mask to transform Ben into a superhero. The sunburst-like rays were created using a stamp from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Bitty Grunge CMS089. I inked the stamp with Ranger Mustard Seed Distress Ink & then inked around the edges on top of the Mustard Seed with Barn Door Distress Ink. After stamping the image on Neenah card stock, I repeated the inking & stamped again to create the complete sunburst. The superhero "lingo" was stamped from the Oriental Trading Company set Super Hero In-65/80385. Both Ben & the lingo were colored with Copics. I fussy-cut all stamped images and adhered them to a card base.

Thanks for visiting & may you all be so lucky to have a superhero in your lives!


  1. This is adorable, Melinda!!! Love the background that you created behind the superhero!

  2. What an awesome Father's Day card, love it!

  3. Had to leave a comment here too (as well as the one I left on Flickr)! FABULOUS card - I bet your husband loved it.

  4. A "SUPER" Card for a "SUPER" Guy!

  5. Hey Melinda - I'm so happy to read the great news about your appointment to the newest group of Stampendous BlogStars. You're such a talented crafter and I wanted to stay CONGRATULATIONS!