Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Superhero



It's Father's Day so I've been doing a lot of thinking about my wonderful husband. Hank is truly the greatest human being I have ever met. He's taught me so much about so many things. He's kind & funny & so very smart. He's generous & patient & extremely musical. I could go on forever but what I love the most about Hank is his innate ability to be the best father I could ever have dreamed of for our son. He amazes me everyday with how he nurtures and loves Ian. I love listening to their interactions whether they are working on some new math problem or playing the blues. I feel so very blessed to have Hank in Ian's & my life. Hank, you are my superhero!

Here is the card we gave to Hank today. Ian wrote the inscription on the inside of the card. It reads: A superhero is kind, caring, smart, funny, truthful, musical & playful. A superhero is you! Happy Father's Day Dad!

To make the card I used three different stamp sets from three different manufacturers. The cute superhero is from My Favorite Things Ben Paper Dolls set. There is an image of a boy in a t-shirt & shorts & then there are 3 different costumes: a pirate, a superhero & an astronaut. I stamped the superhero costume on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink & masked it. I then stamped "Ben" on top of the mask to transform Ben into a superhero. The sunburst-like rays were created using a stamp from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Bitty Grunge CMS089. I inked the stamp with Ranger Mustard Seed Distress Ink & then inked around the edges on top of the Mustard Seed with Barn Door Distress Ink. After stamping the image on Neenah card stock, I repeated the inking & stamped again to create the complete sunburst. The superhero "lingo" was stamped from the Oriental Trading Company set Super Hero In-65/80385. Both Ben & the lingo were colored with Copics. I fussy-cut all stamped images and adhered them to a card base.

Thanks for visiting & may you all be so lucky to have a superhero in your lives!

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Melinda!!! Love the background that you created behind the superhero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Father's Day card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to leave a comment here too (as well as the one I left on Flickr)! FABULOUS card - I bet your husband loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "SUPER" Card for a "SUPER" Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melinda - I'm so happy to read the great news about your appointment to the newest group of Stampendous BlogStars. You're such a talented crafter and I wanted to stay CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete