Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge Week 20 Back To School

It's that glorious time of year...that time when the kids go back to school. Which just so happens to be the theme for this week's Stampendous Challenge. I haven't played for a while so I made a couple of entries. My son's school has a brand new two-story round library so I used that as inspiration for my first card. Our head librarian is the most wonderful person. She truly inspires the kids and makes them thirsty for more and more books. This one's for you Mrs. Schlosser.

My "Love to Read" card was made using the Stampendous stamp sets: School for Changito SSC190(sentiment), School for Max SSC675 and Book Border SSC259. I also used: Kid Power Offray ribbon, Derwent watercolor pencils, Gamsol, Memento ink in Tuxedo Black and Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Stone. The paper is from Hero Arts and My Mind's Eye (Abby Road).

My second card is a little mini card for my son, just something to tuck in his backpack. Hopefully it will make him smile when he finds it sometime during the day. I just can't believe my baby's starting third grade. He truly is an amazing child and in my opinion, definitely the bestest!

For my "You're the Bestest" card I used:the following Stampendous stamp sets: Chalkboard SSC241, Hugs for All SSC1052(sentiment) and School for Changito SSC190. I also used Stampendous white embossing powder PEK02 to highlight my sentiment on the chalkboard. Other supplies include Derwent watercolor pencils, Gamsol, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Bazzill paper.

Thanks for visiting and may all of you moms with little ones enjoy this wonderful time of the year!

4 comments:

  1. Great set of cards, and so very thoughtful! I think those are the best. Love the colors on your first and the layout of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used your son's library as inspiration! So thoughtful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Stampendous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are adorable!!! Love that little cutie Max! Great design!

    And the white embossing on the chalkboard...fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete