Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Day Sunshine

I've wanted to try my hand at gardening for a long time. 'Square Foot' gardening is all the rage so my dear husband set aside all of his hobbies to design and build beautiful cedar boxes. I had so much fun planting my seeds and watching my flowers and vegetables grow. Then the hard part started.... keeping everything growing and alive. I read about companion planting. I planted parsley with the beans and radishes with the tomatoes. I even did a take on the '3 sisters'. Alas, there is not a leaf on my bean plants and the beans themselves are riddled with holes. My beautiful tomatoes (6 different types) were devoured in the blink of an eye by some sort of scary caterpillar that I'm convinced is going to take over the world. And my wonderful mixed box of corn, beans, melons and pumpkins became the breeding ground for these...RABBITS. Did I mention my loving husband had a fence built around my garden to keep varmints out? Summer is almost over. I've pretty much given up on my garden for the year. As for the darn rabbits, I actually became fond of them. I found myself leaving freshly pulled radishes and carrots by their bed. To make a long story short, that is the inspiration for this card.

The stamps are from My Favorite Things. I had never used them before but after seeing all of the fabulous cards Sherrie Siemens creates with them on her blog Card Creme, I decided to give them a try. I love them. The designs are so cute with adorable sayings. Oh, and because a lot of the designs are headless, I can even imagine I look that good while gardening. My card is made from a combination of three different sets: In My Garden Jolinne, Who's That Gardening Girl & Can Ya Dig It. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and the paper is Crate Paper.

Thanks for visiting. May all your gardens grow.

2 comments:

  1. awww! They might not be the crop you were expecting but they sure are super cute!

    Love your card!Beautiful coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of your little, bundles of cuteness! And they inspired you! Very cute card. Love the caption.

    ReplyDelete