Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Thoughts


On the go for weeks, I decided to pamper myself this morning by creating a couple of cards for no other reason than I wanted to. That's right - no classes, deadlines, orders or challenges. Just because.

I recently made a purchase with A Jillian Vance Design but because I've been so busy I haven't had time to ink my new stamps...until today. If you aren't familiar with A Jillian Vance Designs, it's a wonderful company that sells adorable stamps with coordinating wafer-thin dies. Now here's the best part, the company was created by Jillian Vance at the age of 10, that's right, 10! I've never met Jillian but she must be incredibly intuitive and smart. Everything about my shopping experience was exceptional from her easy-to-navigate online store to the quick delivery of my carefully-packed order. Shortly after I placed my order, I received an email thanking me. A PDF of their current catalog was attached. When my package came a few days later, another thank you was enclosed with a little gift, Jillian's Pear Pins. So what's the product like? The Pear Pins are a must-have for anyone who adds beads and baubles to cards and mixed media projects. As for the stamps, I'm very pleased. They stamped easily, giving me a crisp, clean image. Wow, I know this sounds like a review. I've just had so much fun playing this morning that I wanted to share.

My first card is an Easter card that I'm going to send to a dear friend.

Supplies:

Peepster Stamp Set by A Jillian Vance Design
Follow Your Heart patterned paper by My Mind's Eye
Desert Storm cardstock by Neenah
Archival Jet Black Ink by Ranger
Easter Grass


My second card is for my son. The other night I found him looking in the bathroom mirror with a magnifying glass pressed to his face. We then proceeded to have a very long discussion about moustaches. I thought I'd make him a little card to tell him how proud I am to be his mother.

Don't you just love the little flocked mustache?

Supplies:

Mr. & Mrs. Moustache Stamp Set by A Jillian Vance Design
Neapolitan patterned paper by American Crafts for Dear Lizzy
Desert Storm cardstock by Neenah
Archival Jet Black Ink by Ranger
The Essential Glue Pad by Tsukineko
Plain Ol' Black Fun Flock by Stampendous
Small Snow Globe die by Memory Box Stamps
Small Scalloped Circle die by Memory Box Stamps

If you would like to see more of Jillian's stamps, please visit her blog.
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love the story about your son! LOL!! Need to move out some stamps before buying more (a foolish promise to hubby...sigh). Thanks for sharing these wonderful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards Melinda. Love the soft colors on Kraft and the darling images. :o)

    ReplyDelete