Saturday, January 7, 2012

Resolutions Can Be Challenging So Add Some Bling

We all know how challenging New Year's Resolutions can be. I've broken almost all of my 2012 resolutions, like giving up sugar and pop, exercising everyday and being more frugal...and it's only the first Saturday of the year.

That's why I am so excited that it's also the first Saturday of the month because that means a new Stampendous monthly challenge and this month's challenge is going to help me keep my last remaining unbroken resolution...to fran'tage more often.

You may be asking yourself, What is Fran'tage? It's collaging goodness at it's best and is the brainchild of Fran Seiford, founder of Stampendous. It's a mix of all things Stampendous: stamps, embossing powders, glitters and mica fragments. This month's challenge is all about BLING! Glitter, rhinestones, sparkly stickers...you name it. Just make it shiny and get it on your project! So I pulled out two of my favorite products, Stampendous Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder and Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. I also used some Stampendous Pearlized Mica Fragments. All of these I added over the very pretty Cling Bird Frame image which I stamped on hand-painted tissue paper. To finish the card I added three Copic-colored pearls as eggs in the nest. Voila, glittery, shiny goodness.

Please play along with us! Just add the direct link to your card (make sure you've loaded it up with tons of BLING) to the linky tool on the Stampendous blog no later than February 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST. You don't have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we sure love it when you do! And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive this gorgeous Cherub Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamp Set (Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address):


Please take a moment and take a look at what these wonderful Design Team members have created:

Stampendous Impressions Blog

Cyndi Bundy

Wendy Price

Janelle Stollfus

Wendy Jordan

Jennie Lin Black

Taylor Usry

Krissy Fossmeyer

Suzanne Czosek

Kristine Reynolds

Steph Lee

Lynn Mercurio

Pam Hornschu


We hope you get a chance to play along with us. May all of your stamping this month be filled with glittery, shiny goodness!

16 comments:

  1. tissue paper! Of course I didn't read the instructions first and was trying to figure out how you got that GORGEOUS background! oh Melinda, the color and texture in this is fabulous! You are rocking the Frantage style!!!

    I set goals instead of resolutions. Its just easier for me to know that I might not actually achieve them all, but I also can't break them and fault myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!!! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and stunning background. Love your Frantage effect around the edges and the pearls are a fab addition! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I need to learn this technique! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Melinda - this is exquisite. Done in my very favorite color - it has so much dimension and texture = just dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous color and frantaging!! and that bling for eggs are just super cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, this is a beautiful card! I love the bold colors and of course, bling!

    PS - Sometimes resolutions aren't suppose to start until mid-July. That's about when mine usually kick in gear. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow this is beautiful! LOVE the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melinda, this is fabulous. I am in love with it!! I don't think I have this stamp and NOW I WANT IT!!! I hope you're well and having a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melinda! So amazing! I am loving this "card world!" This is such a cool challenge! I may have to experiment! Thank you for sharing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! That background is soooo gorgeous. How did you create it? This card is a wonderful showcase of Stampendous bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well girl, I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone because this is stunning! perfect end to a great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the intensity! And the pearls just make the cutest additions to the nest. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete