Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cool Yule


When talking with a friend last night, she mentioned she is going to be making Christmas cards all weekend. It dawned on me…its September 1st and I haven’t made one Christmas card. Yikes! To be honest, I’m really not ready to start the mad push. Heck, I haven’t gotten my spring wreath on my front door (LOL). So today is holiday card #1 and I must admit it was easy, thanks to Stampendous and these cute penguins. They are from a set called Yule Penguins. You gotta love a penguin in a fluffy sweater. The blustery, blue swirl in the background is from the new Cling Jumbo Pine Drift also by Stampendous and the sentiment is from the Yule Penguins set as well. Please note that I completely modified it. Originally each word is stacked on top of the other. I simply cut the sentiment apart and lined it up on my acrylic block. It just seemed to work better for my clean-lined card.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend and thanks for visiting!

Stampendous Supplies:
Yule Penguins SSC1102
Cling Jumbo Pine Drift CRS5016

Other Supplies:
Ink: Color Box Prussian Blue Chalk ink; VersaMark watermark ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Paper: Copic X-Press It Blending Card; cardstock (unknown).
Copic Markers: Y02/Y08/BG10/BG32/BG34/BG45/BG49

Card Notes:
Create an A2 card base from white card stock; Also cut a white panel (4 ¾ x 3 ½) and a corresponding black mat.
Stamp swirl using the Prussian Blue ink on a piece of scrap paper; Without cleaning the stamp, ink again with Versamark and stamp the white panel; Repeat the process and stamp the swirl a second time.
Stamp the sentiment using the Tuxedo Black ink.
On X-Press It Blending Card, stamp all three penguins, color and fussy-cut.
Assemble the card.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute, love the little penguins! Have a great Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete