Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Heartfelt Wish


I've been very blessed to have met so many wonderful people through this crazy crafty world from my absolutely amazing students at Scrapbook Art to the extradordinary women that I have been fortunate to meet through design teams. Valentine's Day is winding down but I don't want it to end without letting you know that you've all been in my thoughts.

Here is a dish I made a couple of weeks ago using the new Stampendous Jumbo Daisy and Flower Path stamps. These are two of my favorites...LOVE them. The new Stampendous jumbos now come with a corresponding mask/template that you can use for mixed media projects...just another reason why Stampendous products are so great. You can check out all of the new Stampendous release here.

To create the dish, I started with an unglazed ceramic dish and prepped it by coating it with Mod Podge. I stamped both the daisy image and sentiment onto tissue paper using Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink. I then colored the daisy with Prismacolor Colored Pencils. After trimming closely around both, I adhered them to the plate with Mod Podge. To give the plate a shiny, glazed look, I generously coated the top of the plate with Beacon's Fast Finish Decoupage. A heart is not a heart unless it is red so after the Fast Finish dried, I turned the plate over, painted the rim red and again applied Fast Finish. Acrylic paint worked perfectly for this.

The theme of this month's Stampendous Challenge is Love is in the Air, share a creation of love. I am definitely sharing this. I know the gals at Stampendous would love to see your creations as well. You can find all of the details here.


Thanks to all of you who have reached out to me this last week. It means a lot. So on Valentine's Day, my heatfelt wish to you all: May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day!

Thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite flower on my favorite shape from one of my favorite gals! Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! It looks so perfect that I believe you not, I thought it was printed right on the plate! It's a heart plate, just right for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say that right? I think I meant believe *IT* or not... I'm such a silly with phrases.

      Delete
  4. So very pretty! Would've never thought to stamp on a plate. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! If I didn't recognize those stamps, I would have thought the same as Janelle that it was printed right on the plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I'm so glad to see you back on facebook! Missed you! :)

      Delete
  6. This is fantastic, Melinda! It looks like the flower was glazed right on the ceramic! Hope you shared it to the Beacon folks, as well, I know they'd be amazed! What a terrific project! Is there a type of tissue you like for colored pencil? Seems like every time we buy tissue lately it's so thin that it tears easily. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a big WOW!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how did I miss this? This is gorgeous Melinda and I agree with the girls that it looks professionally printed onto the plate! Gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete